POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Abrupt color changes in blobs : Abrupt color changes in blobs Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Abrupt color changes in blobs
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 2 Oct 2001 21:40:06
Message: <3bba6c76@news.povray.org>
I have a human figure that's a blob of perhaps 100 or so components.  I
want to make it look like it's wearing clothes, with for example, an
abrupt color change at the wrist between the "hand skin color" and
"shirt sleeve color."

i)  In general, with blobs, if you declare the pigments individually
inside the components, you'll get a nice smooth blending of the colors
between the two components.   I suppose I could just go ahead and do
this but  I'm worried it will look tacky close up.

ii)  I could OTOH use CSG.  It would make the scene code more
complicated, but hey it's just a computer doing the thinkin' right?

iii) I suppose I could make another blob slightly bigger with the hands
and head cut off, and make this the "clothing."

Any other pointers?